Why we collect your personal information
The Susan McKinnon Foundation administers the McKinnon Prize in Political Leadership in collaboration with the University of Melbourne. We are collecting and processing your personal information:
- to ensure McKinnon Prize nominations received are genuine;
- for individuals submitting nominations for the McKinnon Prize, where consent is provided, to facilitate contacting you if required to request further information on your nomination;
- for individuals who have been nominated for the McKinnon Prize, to seek your consent to be engaged in McKinnon Prize activities;
- to inform general business analysis, quality assurance, reporting and planning activities.
The “processing” of personal information refers to all activities relating to the management of your personal information, from its collection and use, through to its storage and disposal, and everything in between.
How we process your personal information
We will process your personal information as necessary for our legitimate interests, in accordance with applicable privacy laws, and only under the following circumstances:
- for the purpose for which it was collected; or
- a related purpose which you might reasonably expect; or
- where you have consented to the processing; or
- if we are required or permitted to do so by law.
We may share your personal information with contracted service providers or partners engaged by us to perform legitimate functions on our behalf, such as those outlined in this privacy collection notice.
Your information may be shared with the University of Melbourne to enable joint administration of the McKinnon Prize.
Further privacy information
For further information you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.